Russell Barone began playing organized hockey at the age of 5. From that point on he played for a number of youth organizations including the Romeoville Huskies (CSDHL AA), Orland Park Vikings, Chicago Fury (Tier 1 elite league AAA), and the Chicago Hawks (CSDHL AA). After youth hockey, he continued on to play three years of junior hockey in Minnesota and Wisconsin. During his Junior hockey career he was a centerman and defensemen who produced 85 points in 105 career games with a +/- rating of +28. He was additionally nominated twice for the top prospects tournament and participated in the tournament once. After his last year of junior hockey, he was fortunate enough to commit to play NCAA Hockey for the Gustavus Adolphus Golden Gusties in St. Peter, Minnesota. As a freshman at Gustavus, he led all Gustavus newcomers in goals with four and led the team in game winning goals (GWG) with three. Outside of his playing career, he is a proud graduate of Gustavus Adolphus College with a Bachelors in Exercise Physiology. From 2020 - 2021 he worked at Gilmour Academy as the Lancers U16/Prep assistant coach and skills/strength coach. During the season of 2021 - 2022 he worked for the Odessa Jackalopes of the NAHL as Assistant Coach/Strength Coach. Currently Coach Barone resides in Edina Minnesota where he is a skills coach for the Minnesota Blue Ox, Minnesota Mullets, Hopkins Royals, White Bear lake Bears, and many other organizations around the Minneapolis area. Coach Barone is also the assistant coach/skills coach of the Breck Mustangs varsity high-school team under Stanley Cup champion, David Maley.
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Bachelors in Exercise Physiology.
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) Certified Personal Trainer.
- Red Cross CPR/AED Certified.
- USA Hockey CEP Level 2 Coaches Certifications.
- NCAA playing experience.
- Junior A playing experience.
- Former Gilmour Academy - Skills Coach/Assistant Coach/Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Former NAHL Odessa Jackalopes Assistant Coach/Strength Coach.
- Current Youth, High-school, and Junior Hockey Skills Coach.
- Current Breck High-school Assistant Coach.